Workout Windup: Sticking to Goals
Workout windup is back! Although I’m in the midst of some crazy pain problems as far as my hip and knee are concerned, I’m determined to still fit in as many workouts as my body (and doctors) will allow me. So I’m resurrecting Workout Windups on Sundays to help keep me on track. I’ll recap what workouts I completed for the week, then plan out what I’m doing the next.
Let’s get right to it, shall we? This week I…
- Went to hot power yoga at Pure Yoga on Wednesday. My friend, Lauren, tagged along for a community event Pure was having. We selected hot power, one of my favorites and her first go at it, and then sampled some sushi after. Perfect combination! Next time I’ll remember to take a photo…
- Ran 4 very cold and blustery miles on Sunday
- Did a yoga DVD twice on Sunday. The only one I have in my apartment right now is a half-hour long, so I went through it twice to give me a good 60 minutes. Right now yoga seems to be the only thing I can do that leaves me completely pain-free (I haven’t tried swimming yet), so I’m going to try and incorporate that into my workouts more often.
Nothing too crazy, but I’m glad I was able to fit some sweat sessions in before heading to the many doctors I owe a visit.
This week, my plan is to listen to my body. So as long as I’m not experiencing a lot of pain, I’m going to:
- SoulCycle on Monday morning, not going balls-to-the-wall
- Hot power at Pure Yoga on Monday afternoon
- Rest Tuesday
- Yoga DVD on Wednesday
- Strength, incline walking on treadmill on Thursday
- Rest Friday
- Light run on Saturday. Mileage TBD
- Rest and/or yoga on Sunday
And there ya have it! Now I’m off to relax and watch the Golden Globes!
P.S. Did anyone else watch the football game last night? Broncos got SPANKED! Go Patriots 🙂
Now you tell me: what workouts did you do this week? And what’s on the calendar next week?