I Got a Blogging Award!
Every time I get a comment, “like,” or link-up from someone about my little ole’ blog, I get all sorts of excited. Whenever someone IRL (in real life) comes up to me and says they’ve been reading my blog and love it, I’m always in a bit of shock. I’ve been blogging for a little over a year and a half now, but it still surprises me that people take the time out of their day to come read what I have to say. It’s really exciting. What’s more exciting is that I’ve been nominated for a Versatile Blogging Award from My Happy Happenings. Yay! Here’s what she posted to let me know how she feels about my little space on the Web:
So sweet! I never intended for a bunch of people to read my blog, I just wanted to share what I’ve learned and hold myself accountable by publishing something online. After a while, I hoped to inspire someone to start their own fitness routine and perhaps make changes they need to get on the path for a healthy lifestyle. So with this award, I guess I accomplished that. Now I just hope to do it more! #ImgreedyandIknowit
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post. (Done! Thanks again, TK!)
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Pass the award along to seven others.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
- I live in New York City, but I’m a big country girl at heart. I love where I live and what I’m doing with my life, but there’s nothing quite like a small town. I always look forward to going home to visit my family, where there’s wide open spaces, tons of rolling hills (great for running!), bonfires, big backyards and more cows than there are people.
- I was born a writer. I work at a national magazine, I love writing on this blog, I have a few non-fiction and fiction short stories that I started in college and continue to work on, and a part of me is extremely in love with screenwriting. One of my secret dreams (not so secret now) would be to have one of my creative writing pieces, whether it be a screenplay, novel, or short story, published.
- I’ve only had one surgery (to repair my torn ACL) and have never broken or sprained anything. *knockonwood*
- I have a blood disorder called Factor V Leiden, which basically means my blood is prone to clotting. A lot of people actually have it (it’s genetic), but most go their whole lives without ever knowing it. How did I find out about it? The aforementioned ACL surgery resulted in 7 blood clots in my left leg. WIN.
- I love to read. I used to plow through 10 or so books a month when I was in middle and high school. College textbooks consumed me, but I always read a lot over the summer. Now I’m finding my groove and get to read a lot on my commute to and from work. One of my 2012 goals is to read at least one book a month (magazines don’t count – I read a lot of those). I’m finishing up my second of the month soon!
- I really enjoy yoga, but never make enough time for it. I wish I knew why I do this. I know you reap awesome benefits from it, and I love how I feel afterward, but it’s the first thing I pass up when time is tight. If someone can enlighten me, please do.
- I’m a magazine hoarder. I get rid of basically everything else every season when I do a big apartment cleaning, but I hang onto those puppies for a long time. Makes no sense to me because after I’ve read it once, I usually won’t pick it up again.
And now for my nominations! In no particular order, some bloggers I love:
- Losing Weight in the City – I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Theodora IRL and she’s just as great in person as she is on this blog. Love her attitude and she’s very smart.
- Life of Blyss – I’m pretty sure Alyssa and I would be BFFs if we lived near each other. She’s smart, sassy and motivated. Triple threat. And she loves Ke$ha. BOOM.
- Knack for Nutrition – Jennifer is completely honest and details her love for fitness as much as she goes into her struggles with weight loss. She’s great at laying it all out there and letting you know you’re not alone in your struggles.
- Ali on the Run – She’s awesome and that is all. She loves running and is amazing at it, even if she doesn’t always realize it. I wish I ran as well as her. I also wish we hung out more. Let’s change that Ali, mmmmk?
- Meals and Moves – Janetha is fantabulous and I love her blunt, “I say what I feel and that’s just the way it is” attitude. Her recipes are really helpful, too.
- Fit Chick in the City – Jess has been sidelined from running with an injury for quite a while now, yet she’s been awesome at fitting in all of her workouts still. She’s extremely motivational, and with my looming injuries, I know I’ll always turn to her blog for the self-esteem boost I may need.
- Run Stronger Every Day – I heart Abby, on her blog and IRL. She rocks my socks. And her blog is extremely informational, so go there whenever you want to learn more about becoming a better and stronger runner.
Thanks again to My Happy Happenings!
Now you tell me: What blogs do you love? If you’re looking for more of my faves, head to my Check ‘Em Out page!