Tag, You’re It!
By now you must have seen at least one other blogger playing the fun little game that’s been bouncing around for the last few weeks. It’s the post of randoms, which I happen to love. I like reading personal, quirky things about the person behind the computer screen; it makes me feel more connected to them as a person, rather than just a computer screen. Abby graciously tagged me to play the game and I am more than willing to oblige.
Here are the rules:
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in the post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them they’ve been tagged.
- No stuff in the tagging section like, “you’ve been tagged if you’re reading this.” You (the blogger) have to legitimately tag 11 (or so) people.
Phew, that’s a lot of rules if you ask me! So let’s just hop right to it, shall we?
Eleven Random Things About Yours Truly
- I graduated as the salutatorian in high school. People are impressed. Until I tell them my class size was 26. Heh.
- I absolutely loathed running until my sophomore year of college. Run a mile for gym class? No thank you. Now I’m tackling 26.2.
- I tried Chobani’s apple cinnamon flavor for the first time this week. It was good, but not as OMG fantastic as everyone made me believe. I blame too much hype. But yes, I’ll still buy it.
- I have a leaking radiator in my bedroom. The dang thing randomly spurts out water and it’s incredibly annoying. If anyone knows how to fix it, I’m all ears.
- Dustin was out of town for the last few days. Despite starting on “my” side of the bed, every morning I woke up on his side of the bed. Either I miss him or I just like my space.
- My best friend moves back to New York (from Oklahoma) this summer. I am STOKED.
- I’ve never lived without a roommate.
- My one regret about college was never studying abroad.
- My lucky number is nine, and I almost always bowl a nine for every frame.
- It’s not a coincidence that the above factoid was the ninth one about me.
- I have yet to meet someone who knows more about FRIENDS than I do. I bet I’d even give each cast member a run for their money about each character they played.
Eleven Questions from Abby
What was your best race? My very first half-marathon: the MORE/FITNESS half in April 2011. The weather was gorgeous, I was excitedly nervous, ecstatic to be back in NYC (I didn’t live here yet) and just ready to run. I blew my estimated finish time out of the water, felt great the whole race and soaked in the wonderful feeling of runner’s high. I’ll never forget that race, especially because I got a tattoo after it.
What is your favorite place to go for retail therapy? Hmm, that’s a tough one. I honestly don’t shop all that much because I have such a difficult time letting go of the money I earn. I’ll treat myself every once in a while, but I still can’t drop $80 on a pair of pants or anything like that.
What is your favorite color? Red. Always has been, always will be. I’m obsessed.
If you could go anywhere for a vacation, where would you go? Somewhere I’ve never been that’s warm. It needs to have a place for me to run and a place for me to relax outside. Those are my only specifications.
Best piece of advice you’ve ever received? Another tough one, Ms. Abby. I’ve received a ton of great advice. But I think the one that applies to nearly every area of my life is “push for what you want and never settle for anything less than what you deserve.” Maybe it sounds cliche, but it’s always in the back of my mind. My family taught me to be strong, independent, caring and compassionate. And I deserve to be treated nicely because I’m nice 🙂
What would your friends say is your most redeeming quality? You’d really have to ask them. But a lot of them have told me that I’m a great listener and they always feel like they can really open up to me without fear of being judged.
How did you start blogging? Originally, I did it for my career. Every editor told me I needed to have a blog so that higher level editors could see my work unedited. Now I blog because I love it and it’s another creative outlet for me.
Twitter or Facebook? Twitter. There’s a better sense of community there.
What is your pre-race ritual? Wake up, drink a glass of water, change into my race clothes right away, eat an untoasted bagel with peanut butter, drink another glass of water, stretch a bit, sip on water, spend lots of time in the bathroom, double-check I have everything I need, another trip to the bathroom….leave.
Woody Allen movies: yay or nay? Yayyyyy
Favorite book you’ve read in the last few years? The Hunger Games series. The Help and Unbroken are close behind.
Eleven Questions for Bloggers
- What’s your lucky number?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What was your favorite school subject and why?
- What’s your biggest gym pet peeve?
- What’s a healthy food that you really can’t stand?
- What’s your favorite cereal?
- Where’s the farthest you’ve traveled from home?
- N*SYNC or Backstreet Boys?
- What’s one career you find fascinating?
- How do you feel about Pinterest?
- What’s the biggest fear you’ve conquered?
You’ve been tagged:
- Sprinkled with Love
- Healthful Bites
- A Knack for Nutrition
- In Sweetness and In Health
- Run Eat Repeat
- Once Upon a [L]ime
- The Fitnessista
- Daily Garnish
- Iowa Girl Eats
- Fit Chick in the City
- Ali on the Run
And there you have it! Now you go: answer one of the above questions in the comments or tell me something random about yourself. Want to know more about me? Feel free to ask a question, too 🙂