Workout Windup: Full Steam Ahead
I realize I’m late with last week’s Workout Windup, but I’m going to fill y’all in anyway. My week was great, especially in workout land, I just got sucked into everything else going on that it slipped my mind! So let’s make up for time lost by cutting right to the chase, alright?
What I had on the schedule, and what ended up going down:
- Rest on Monday
- Run 6 miles on Tuesday at 7 or 8 p.m.
Yoga DVD on WednesdayRest
- Run 4 miles on Thursday at 6:30 p.m., added lunchtime yoga session to make up for Wednesday
- Rest on Friday
- Run 12 miles Saturday morning, dance the night away at Cayla’s wedding
Yoga DVD on Sundayor Rest
I realize that looks like a lot of rest, but I still felt every workout! And I met every goal, so I can’t be upset. I was very excited about my 12-mile run: despite cold temperatures, falling snow, tons of hills and some bowel issues, I pushed through and finished in just under two hours. I call that a success.
Here’s what I have lined up for this week (or at least what’s left of it…so far I’m right on track!)
- Meet with Coach Abby for light work/evaluation (details to come!) on Monday
- SoulCycle on Tuesday at 7 a.m., strength train at 6:30 p.m.
- 4-mile tempo run on Wednesday at 6:30 a.m., hot power yoga at 6 p.m.
- Rest Thursday
- Run 1 mile, maintenance & upper body exercises on Friday at 6 p.m.
- Run 14 miles on Saturday
- Run 3 miles on Sunday
I’m feeling nice and sore this evening from this week’s workouts and am fully embracing tomorrow’s rest day. I need to gear up for Saturday’s long run…and catch up on shameless TV 😉
What sweat sessions do you have lined up the rest of the week?