Racing Through The Year
One of the items on my bucket list is to run a half-marathon in every state before I’m 30. I’ve run five already, and to stay on track, I hope to run six in 2013. I told you I would share the races I had my eye on soon, and there’s no time like the present! Before we get to it, though, let’s recap what states I’ve already covered 13.1 miles in (you can find all of my recaps here):
- New York, New York – FITNESS/MORE half-marathon
- San Francisco, California – Nike Women’s half-marathon
- Washington, D.C. – Run Rock ‘n’ Roll USA half-marathon
- Nashville, Tennessee – Run Rock ‘n’ Roll Country Music half-marathon
- Orlando, Florida – Disney World Wine and Dine half-marathon
So I’m not headed to any races in those states this year. Instead, here’s where I’ve already registered to run:
- Long Branch, New Jersey – Long Branch half-marathon on May 5. I’m currently building my base with the Lululemon run club and am hoping to break sub-2. Can you say speed work?
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Run Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia half-marathon on September 15. I’m hoping I can convince my brother to run this one with me, since he’s currently living in Philly. But he’s a med student, so I’m not sure how feasible it is for him to squeeze in training the same year as his rotations. Fingers crossed, though!
- Las Vegas, Nevada – Run Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Strip at Night half-marathon on November 17. Talk about a way to celebrate my birthday! Karla and I are going to Sin City to ring in my 24th in style, and we’re hoping my friends Lauren and Kristen (non-bloggers) tag along!
Other races that I have in my schedule, though I’m not registered for yet:
- Des Moines, Iowa - Des Moines half-marathon on October 20. Running again with Karla! This year is the year of running for us – yay for running buddies, despite being in different states!
- Manchester, New Hampshire – Manchester half-marathon on November 3 (tentative). The official race date hasn’t been announced, but this would be an easy race for me to get to and the course goes right by my aunt’s house!
So I’m in need of one, possibly two more races this year (in case I don’t do Manchester). Any suggestions? Because of my budget, I’m looking to tackle some of the states closer to home, with a few that require more travel (Des Moines, Vegas). I was hoping to do one in March, but the only one in a new state that I’ve found so far sold out too fast! Any ideas for the early side of 2013 would be much appreciated :)
And there ya have it! My running race calendar for 2013. I’m also hoping to run Reach the Beach and complete the RAGBRAI bike race, so it’s definitely going to be a full year.
But you tell me: what races are you gearing up for?